Who can help me?

The first step is to talk to your gynecologist, preferably together with your partner. Since the causes may lie with either the woman or the man, it makes sense for both to also go and see a urologist or andrologist together. In the initial consultation, questions are asked about previous illnesses, births and miscarriages or abortions, and also questions regarding sexuality, lifestyle and regularity of the cycle.

Your gynecologist will ask questions in the following areas:

  • Pre-existing conditions
  • Lifestyle
  • Pre-existing conditions in the family
  • Previous pregnancies
  • Previous examinations and treatment
  • Relationships and sexuality
  • Psychological aspects
  • Limits of the infertility treatment

Points of contact if you are having difficulty conceiving:

  • Gynaecologists
  • Urologists / andrologists
  • Family centres
  • Endocrinologists (hormonal issues)
  • Reproductive medicine specialists